Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

personal: zumba makes me smile

just a quick little post from a girl whose frown has been turned upside down.

today i had a meeting that was brutal. but it was good. it was necessary. it got me thinking about some of the realities photographers must face if their income comes solely from their art form. i have been thinking about the 'business' side of photography for a while, and the last two weeks i have been meeting with some folks to hash through some key bits of info so that i can make some informed decisions about life, job, aspirations etc., but today's meeting threw me for a bit of a loop (side note: might i suggest to those who have been approached by someone for advice... spend a few moments getting to know your advisee - ask them some questions to determine why they are in your office - before talking at them for an hour).

after moping my way through the day, editing some pictures, crying on the couch for an hour, eating too many brownies, walking to dog and pondering the rest of my pathetic life, i was ready to just call it a day and go to bed... at 6:30pm. then i checked my facebook and read a message from my good friend shelley inviting me to zumba, a latin-american inspired aerobics class!!! at 6:50pm i called shelley, dug out $2 in dimes from the bottom of my purse and grabbed my runners! zumba can only make my day better i thought. and it did. 

it is now 8:30pm and i feel like my entire day has been redeemed. who knew all it took was one hour shaking my hips to turn my frown upside down! (if you live in st. stephen and have not been to zumba, you need to changes this!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes!!! Sorry about the crappy day, and so glad you got zumbauplifted! Fun tio share with you, even at a distance! :-) XR

    ReplyDelete