Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

being thankful

i am sitting at my desk. the sun is shining. i have delicious coffee in my mug. patty griffin is softly singing. my puppy Ruthie is curled up on the chair next to me basking in the sunshine filtering through the living room window.

i am thinking about how wonderful that last few months have been. and i am thinking about the many doors of opportunity that have opened to me the past few months and the many great new friends i have made and with whom i get to collaborate on some wonderful ventures. and i am looking ahead with a hopeful heart towards to the spring and summer.

i cannot help but express gratitude to God for making all this possible: for making me into the unique person that i am; for teaching me how to turn all my experiences (good and bad) into good things, shaping and transforming who i am; for giving me a unique perspective of people and making everyone and everything even more beautiful when i see all through a camera's lens; for giving me a wonderful family and community who believe in me and encourage your good gifts in me; for a good mind that feels and a good heart that thinks; for answering me and meeting me when i seek Him with all my heart even thought i doubt Him.

i can honestly say that my life changed after i decided let Him walk beside me eight years ago (almost to the day).

love and sunshine,
shannon-may

i think the expression on little ben's face gives you a good idea of the joy i feel today!


No comments:

Post a Comment