Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

website launch!

it's ready. it has been a long time coming, and has consumed the bulk of my time these last four weeks. it has taken on many, many (many) appearances, styles, designs, colors, fonts, etc... you name it i tried it. and i finally decided to stop tweaking it (for now) and share it with the world.

*sigh.* it is my absolute pleasure and thrill to share this with you. my first ever website.  www.shannonmayphotography.com

i really, really debated about the background of my website. i had seen on the website of a vancouver photographer that i admire a very similar background and searched, and searched for something else that made me smile as much as this, but nothing would suit. so, on my way home from a friend's house today i went to the old axe factory in st. stephen and photographed the rustic old door with the peeling white paint. it was the finishing my site design needed. and it's personal: i love old axe factory building, it is so beautiful and i love photographing there. i used it for esther's photo session in july, and will be taking my friend dan there this week for some photos.  


i loved thinking through all the details and elements i wanted to include in my site to give it that perfectly polished appearance, and that would showcase my photography beautifully. clean, crisp and colorful are three c's that i treasure when it comes to design. 

a shout out to the folks at showit for creating such an awesome website builder for folks like me who have the artistic capability of creating swanky looking websites but who don't know the first thing about html or css or any other web-geek languages!! you guys and gals rock!

 

it was my goal to create a site that was informative without being overloaded with text that would detract from my photography thus i made sure to crate "contact forms" with lots of space for you to ask questions!! i also love to hear feed back about my work so feel free to drop me a line to to gush about me ;)

and, in an effort to remain consistent, i have updated my blog to mirror elements of my website!

now that i have finally been able to released this baby to the masses, i am looking forward to turning my attention so some other necessary yet still fun tasks, which includes but not limited to finalizing my product line, researching eco-friendly packaging, ordering new business cards, moving, photo sessions, paying extra attention to my love-starred puppy, meeting with wedding planners and other wedding vendors, planning an inspiration wedding shoot, and the list goes on.

ps: as i am notorious for spelling and grammar mistakes, and even thought i went over my site several times looking for errors, please let me know if you spot any mistakes!!

love & sunshine,
shannon-may

No comments:

Post a Comment