Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Packing Boxes, Mailboxes and Paper Moons

This week marks a big changes for me. Really big! I don't think I'll really know the brevity of this change until a few months from now, or perhaps even a year.

After living nearly two years in a very small and confined bachelor apartment where there is no separation from sleep, work and cooking space, which is really no more than a room with a walk in closet and bathroom, I am moving in to a larger space! This little bit of home in St. Stephen has served me well over the last twenty-two months. The sacrifices I made to this space home made it possible for me to start my business and to invest everything into it. At times I thought I could live here long term, especially on the days where I spent time dreaming about having my own studio space where I could invite my Brides and Grooms to for coffee. But this past fall it became clear that my business and I have outgrown this space and it is time to move into something bigger where I could spread out a little more and have a larger space devoted to my office. So as I sit here at my desk I am surround by moving boxes waiting to be filled and on my desk sits a set of mailbox keys for my postal box.

There are tons of things I am looking forward to with this move. Firstly, I will officially be a Saint Andrews NB resident!! This became even more real when I picked up the key to my postal box this morning (everyone living in Saint Andrews has a postal box - how cool is that!). Other things I am looking forward to: organizing and decorating a new home - I have tons of Pinterest ideas just waiting to be tried; buying new furniture; cooking in a real kitchen again and inviting friends over for dinner parties; being within walking distance to Honeybeans and the beach; standing on my teeny little deck and seeing ocean; having enough floor space for morning stretches, floor exercises and five minute dance parties when I can't sit at my desk any longer!! But I think the most important thing I am looking forward to: the positive long term impact this will have my business as it moves me closer to my goals.

And speaking of Saint Andrews and goals... I am so thrilled to have wedding featured on an online publication!!! Keisha and Andrew's beautiful Saint Andrews wedding has been featured on Paper Moon Weddings... check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment