Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

PORTRAITS | HS Senior Spokesmodels Class of 2013

Last year I launched a pilot program to get the word out about my high school senior portrait work. During the course of this program I had the amazing opportunity to get to know and work with some of St. Stephen High School's loveliest young ladies!

As their grand march and graduation festivities approached, I really wanted to celebrate their accomplishments will a final photoshoot, featuring their prom dresses. Just as their photoshoots last year revealed their diverse personalities, their prom dresses were even more indicative of the beautiful, unique, creative, timeless, elegant, dramatic, sweet characters that make these young ladies so wonderful!

Due to gloomy weather (and potentially wet weather) and my fear of their dresses getting dirty from the outdoors (before they had a chance to wear them to prom) we planned the shoot to take place at St. Stephen's University. I am so glad we did because the old Park Hall building was so perfect and offered various situations in which to capture these girls!

We started out with some casual dressed shots before each of the girls got dressed in their gowns. Here are a few of my favourite shots from each girl!

Jayanna - the elegant, the classic, the wise. Jayanna has an old soul (and I feel like we are kindred spirits when it comes to clothes!).









Catherine - the sweet, the shy, the lovely. Catherine's actual prom dress was not ready in time for our shoot so she borrowed a friend's dress... and rocked it!!









Caroline - the sweet, the strong, the determined. Caroline is destined for a career on the Broadway Stage!









Lisa - the statuesque, the creative, the brilliant! Lisa not only exceeds in the arts but she is also a brilliant academic. 








Esther - the dramatic, the intense, the adorable. The first time I photographed Esther she told me was born to be in front of the camera. Um yes.









I really loved working with these girls, and while I am still focused most of my attention on wedding photography I will continue to accept a limited number of High School Senior Portrait Sessions.

Group shot time!




Jayanna, Catherine, Caroline, Lisa and Esther are all headed to University in the fall!!! Join with me in wishing them all the best of luck and the brightest of futures.

Ladies, I know each of you will succeed in your studies as you are all following your passions and have chosen your programs well. My hope for you is that you will continue to see yourselves as beautiful, brilliant and loved, and that the world is a better place because you are in it. Continue to love the unique person that you are, embrace failure because it will make you a better version of yourself and enlarge your capacity to love others, and alway maintain the posture of learning because even a person who has lived ten lifetimes can still never know everything there is to know about everything!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

3 comments:

  1. Dominique IbbitsonJune 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM

    Beautiful as usual girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, they are so wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne Bell LittleJune 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

    Beautiful ladies - beautiful photography!!
    I'm little biased on one of them - my beautiful niece, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete