Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

PORTRAITS | Alinea

I have had the privilege of watching Alinea grow up for the last six years from a little girl in to the breathtakingly beautiful young lady seen in these pictures. And not only does she shine from the outside, but her beauty shines from within!

I was so excited to be chosen by Alinea and her mom to photograph her senior portraits! I knew this would be a super fun and stylish shoot since Ali and her mom have watched every season of America's Top Model and because their household is a hot bed of creativity, ingenuity and yard sale goldmine find, such as the gorgeous vintage turquoise chair featured in the photo shoot!! It was such great fun to sit down with Alinea and her mom Heidi a few weeks ago to hear about their ideas and wardrobe choices, which included a daisy flower crown Alinea's dad would make and the grey tool dress that I would make!!!

We shot the photos on Campobello Island, a favourite family playground, and prayed that the forecasted thunderstorm would stay back just long enough for us to get in all the planned locations and outfit changes. We lucked out and only began to feel the wrath of the weather as we were wrapping up photos out on the cliffs by the light house.

This was one of those photo shoots that made me pinch myself in disbelief that I get to do this work for a living!! And it felt extra special that it was for Alinea and her family, all of whom have been fans and supporters in my journey as a working photographer!!

Thank you Alinea for choosing me to photograph you as you enter your final year of high school! I am so excited to see where God leads in this crazy thing called life! Remember He will always walk with you, all you have to do is grab His hand and trust that He has your best interests in heart, even when it feel as though He is miles away. And when all else fails, remember that you are beautiful, your are important and you are loved by many.

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May



Did I mention that Alinea's dad made the flower crown... and I made the dress?!




Thank you to the ladies at Pure Hair in Saint Andrews for the ab-fab hair and make-up!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.. These pictures are fantastic! Ali, you are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO overwhelmed with awe at both my daughter's beauty and talent and your amazing ability to bring out the very best in people Shannon May Pringle! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Awestruck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! These are so beautiful and amazing.. Ali, you're a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Goodness these are simply amazing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tears in my eyes. Wonderful wonderful write up Shannon-May and freakin' AH-mAzing photos!! You have so well captured Ali's beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were a delight to see..each one of them.. Butterfly... still the word keeps going through my mind.. God has great plans for you..keep running towards Him.. such special pictures.. love - Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah!!! Shannon-May, you are incredible! :) And Ali, you are stunning!

    ReplyDelete