Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{CLASS OF 2013) Catherine

A warm smile is the universal language of kindness - William Arthur Ward.

I bet if you ask Catherine's mom she will tell you that Catherine was born with a smile on her face!! I say this because the brief amounts of time I have had the privilege to spend with Catherine (when we first met about the Spokesmodel program and then again for her Spokesmodel photo shoot) has been full of warm smiles!!

While culling through and editing her photos this past week I found myself so pleased that they not only capture this smiley part of Catherine, but they represent the kind of images I wish to give my high school girls: timeless images of their genuine selves!!

Some other things I want you to know about Catherine... she is not just another pretty face!! Catherine is the girl who is likely to prove you wrong. She is both a girly-girl who loves clothes, high heels and all things traditionally feminine and she is a hard-core athlete, participating in hockey, rugby and swimming - to name a few! And, in addition to preparing for and writing exams this week, Catherine is preparing for a trip to China, where she will spend six weeks teaching English as a summer student for the second year in a row!! This is all in addition to being a great friend, and remaining open to trying new things!! When I asked her why she wanted to be a Spokesmodel for SMP, she wrote "because I think it would be fun and I love to experience new things."

I am so excited to have Catherine apart of my team for the Class of 2013 and can't wait for the opportunity to photograph her again!!












We met last week at the Ganong Nature Park for her spokesmodel session. The weather was dodgy all day but Catherine was a trooper and willing to persevere even if it would be too cold. As I drove down to the park I could see the sunshine trying to burst through over the park and my hopes began to rise. And, to our surprise the sun made it's way out and that is when I got carried away with the light - LOL!!






















Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

No comments:

Post a Comment