Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Bucket List... sort of.

Okay. I'm going to admit it. I. AM. A. DREAMER. Always have been, and my mother will attest to this because she has heard it all, and even helped me to make some of my dreams materialize into reality!  Of course in many ways we are all dreamers. We all have dreams, whether we will admit it or not,  that we hope to realize. And many of us even make plans and work towards making our dreams a reality. Sometimes however, I think I'm an anomaly... that my quota for dreams has far been exceeded. 

I have a very long mental list of dreams... things I want in life, wish to experience or be a part of, and the list grows everyday... every single day. I know it is not because I am dissatisfied with my life, oh the contrary. I think it is because I have such a zealous for life and all the opportunities that each new presents us with that I just keep dreaming new ways to experience life! I also think it is because so much has happened in my life in the past eight years to reconstruct my perspective on life, my purpose and my love for others that I have a hard time believing that the desires of my heart will not be met if I work hard, invite others in to the journey and prayerful make good choices (of course I do sometimes wish that everything will be handed to me on silver platter but that is a dream that I try not to entertain - LOL).

Why am I sharing this? Because I have dreams for my business. I have a long list of things I wish to do as a business person so that my community with thrive. And I have a long list of things I wish to develop so that my clients will receive the best experience and photographs I can give them. And I have  a list of projects or photographic opportunities I wish to do that will be both professionally and personally rewarding... And I thought I would share with you a few of the items that are on my "Photography Bucket List," many of which have been chosen not just because of the photographic opportunities, but because of the people I will meet and their personal stories I will get to be apart of! 

In no particular order, these are ten experiences and people I wish to photograph:
The birth of a baby
> A traditional wedding in Africa
> A day in the life of a Lobster Fisherman.
> A day in life of a working farm.
> An elopement at the Empire State building in Manhattan.
> An elderly couple still very much in love!
> A creative proposal (in Paris?)
> Adoptive parent's meeting their baby for the first time (International or local adoption).
> A brand new Canadian
> Bette Midler (don't mock me. I think she is one of the most beautiful women in the world and I have loved her since I was a little girl).

What are your dreams, have you admitted them to yourself and are you willing to commit them to the internet?

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

PS: As usual I publish without proofing so please forgive the grammatical errors! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment