Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

When the Sun Shines

I've had a lot of reasons to smile lately...

A new apartment just a short walk from the beach and my favourite coffee shop on the east coast in the most picturesque town. I have met some amazing Brides and Grooms who have asked me to be their wedding photographer. My best friend has set a date for her wedding so I know for sure at least one trip I will be making home to BC next year! While unpacking I came across a series of short papers I wrote in my first year of university that made me smile because of how bad the grammar was (and it is not much better now!). I spent an evening with two lovely photographer friends photographing each other and then talking about our mutual love of photography. I remembered that garbage day was today so I put out the bags last night! My macro lens did not break when I dropped it the other day. This weekend I get to celebrate my friend Shelley's birthday with her in Fredericton. I feel pretty content most days.

Today, my smile is attributed to the brilliant sunshine that was pouring into my bedroom as I woke up this morning! Normally I keep my curtains closed until I am dressed, bed made and everything and everyone is presentable, but today I had to open wide the window coverings to let in the light. As it filled my room with warmth, a smile of contentment and happiness crept across my face and remains.

This little hairball who sits upon her throne is also a regular reason to smile. Oh Ruthie...

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May



No comments:

Post a Comment