Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

i felt beautiful today.

i woke up early today... early in comparison to what my wake up time has been lately. i have been dealing with a bad case of jet lag and some anxious thoughts that have swirling around in my mind since coming home. so, 8:00am is early these days.

the sunshine was streaming into my tiny apartment through the window in my bathroom. i love waking up to that. i had to be at church early in order to make sure the father's day video i had made (in collaboration with the lovely abigail) was in working order (want to avoid unnecessary hiccups!) thus i sprung into action and immediately faced the day. i showered, ironed my clothes (jeans, black tank layered with a pink cardigan and accessorized with a broach, and my gold b.o.c. flip flops), left my hair down to dry naturally (blew dry the roots for body!), and apply minimal make-up to keep a fresh faced look. ate muesli mixed with blueberries and honey sweetened greek yogurt for breakfast and even made some coffee to enjoy whilst sitting on my little patio next to my container garden! took the pup for a little walk before walking to church for 10am.

the rest of my day was equally eventful... great conversation with friends after church, lunch on the patio, photo editing, website redesign inspiration hunting and planning, business researching, dinner, walk with the pup, picked up a new-to-me computer from some extremely generous, really-there-are-no-words-to-describe-the-awesomeness-of -these-friends friends, set up the new computer and uploaded programs (and played around of course), and then went and hung out with some cool kids until their parents came home.

it was a full day. it was wonderful... and, i am not sure if its the early and fresh start i had to the day, the time i spent outside today,  or the various interactions i has with some lovely and extraordinary people today... but for reason i feel exceptionally beautiful, and am ending the day thinking i have a very wonderful life.

1 comment: