Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Honeybeans & The Art of Saturday Afternoons

Today, with some excited spontaneity, I texted my BFF with the idea of heading out to a favourite watering hole of mine, Honeybeans. Shelley replied with resounding "yes!" and within an hour we were enroute to Saint Andrews-By-the-Sea. After ordering a cup of the Ethopian blend and one of their delicious gooey squares (a peanut butter rice krispy square topped with chocolate - yes, yum!), I settled into my chair and proceeded to read the first pages of Ann Voskamps "One Thousand Gifts." 

As I sat there in my favourite coffee shop, drinking my coffee, savouring my treat and soaking in Voskamp's reflections on Grace, my soul breathed a great sigh relief, saying this is what I needed today

If "art is the product or process of deliberately arranging items in a way that influences and affects one or more of the senses, emotions, and intellect" it would seem then, sometimes, that art is simply taking a day off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment