Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Seasons of Trust

"Sometimes to trust is like spring - a season of new possibilities and new life. Sometimes to trust is like autumn - a season of letting go and saying goodbye." ~ Rachael B, a very wise woman.

I love comparing the eb and flow of one's relationship with God to the season of the natural world. After all, He did have a hand in creating it so it totally makes sense that the way our lives, our loves and our relationships mimic the rhythms of God's other creations.

Today I was reminded of one of my all-time favourite painting: Four trees by Egon Schiele. I remember when I first discovered it in 2008 while visiting the Belvedere in Vienna. I was memorized by the colourscape. I was perplexed by the depiction of the trees and the appearance that the healthiest or most in bloom looking tree of the four was supported in the same manner as the one who had lost her leaves. Only today though did I see as a picture of trust.

Regardless of the season I find my self in, still I must Trust.






No comments:

Post a Comment