Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

{Family} Derek, Jill and Shayla

There is no greater joy for a friend than to see her friend become a parent. At least this is the case for me as I watched with delight my friend Jill be a mom!

Jill and I have know each other since she was only a few weeks old and I only a few months older... well our families have know each other that long - I'm not sure how much interaction we actually had while were both babes in our mother's arms! Regardless, we have been apart of each others lives pretty much for as long as we have been alive! (It's a cute story really... My mom was out for a walk with my two older brothers and me in tow when this little boy ran out onto his driveway to say "hi," and to invite us into his house to meet his new baby sister! While his mom was not so excited to have visitors, let along strangers, in her house at that particular moment it ended up being the beginning of a lifelong friendship between our families. Our older brothers are BFF's our parents travel together and Jill and her husband are two of my biggest encouragers!!).

And now, Jill and her husband Derek have become parents themselves. And it was real joy for me to meet Shayla this past December when I was home for a visit and to see my lifelong friend Jill embrace her role as mommy to this sweet little gift and treasure that she and Derek waited so long for to make their twosome into a family of three! What a gift it was to me to spend the afternoon with them in Fort Langley when I was home.






Hello gorgeous little girl. Seriously, look at those eyes!!!






To warm up and to do a little something different, we went to Tracycakes in Fort Langley where Shayla ate a cupcake, at looked super cute while doing it!!













Seriously, could she be any cuter?



Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

2 comments:

  1. those look like really yummy cupcakes! where did they come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They WERE yummy!! This was a Tracycakes in Fort Langley.

    ReplyDelete