Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

ENGAGED | Shannon and Scott

Shannon and Scott met a couple of years ago through a mutual friend.. They began to talk the following day, and in Shannon's words, "have been together ever since!"  During this time they have created a life together that is full of love for each other and their family and friends, full of weekend adventures, travel, and quiet evenings at home with home-cooked meal, a movie and bulk barn candy; and just this past summer, a sweet little golden lab full of energy named Sam was added.

Scott proposed to Shannon this past spring while on a weekend away. Shannon writes, "We were away in Moncton for his birthday and I had arranged for his friends to meet us up there as a surprise. The plan was for his friends to meet us at The Keg for supper. I was getting ready for supper in our hotel room and when I was finally ready I came out of the bathroom to find candles lit and Scott standing there. He distracted me with a shirt he had bought for me that I had really wanted. I thought he was giving it to me as a surprise and then he pulled out the ring too."  It was so perfect.

One of the things that Shannon loves most about Scott is his thoughtfulness. She writes "He always does thoughtful things for me without even thinking about it." Of Shannon, Scott loves how she is always coming up with fun things for them to do together such as hiking trips or weekends aways. Scott loves how her ideas and excitement keeps him on his toes!! This is why their proposal is so personal and so like them!!

Shannon and Scott also love most about each other is their love for their families and friends and how caring they are toward the other people in their lives. Shannon writes that she knows Scott with be a great dad because of the way he is with his niece. And Scott is so appreciative of the way Shannon places other's needs before her own. These traits that they have expressed about each other tells me that their wedding day is going to be one big love fest and not just the celebration of this next step for Shannon and Scott, but it will a celebration of all the people who have loved Shannon and Scott throughout their lives and unfolding love story. I can't wait!

Once again, I feel so blessed to be working with such an amazing/fun/sweet couple!

Love and Sunshine,
Shannon-May







































2 comments: