Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

st. andrews portrait session:: mark

a few weeks ago (while at work between customers) i was thinking about ways to promote my business so that i could increase my bookings. particularly on my mind was the upcoming LSAT registration and that three portrait sessions would enable me to register (i have been on track the past few years for law school and continue to pursue this other dream while i test the waters for photography and develop a business plan). the moment this thought was complete in my mind, in walked mark. a mutual acquaintance had referred him to my photography services. he was in need of professional portraits - he is a realtor with Coastal Realty in Saint Andrews, NB - and I was happy to be hired!!!

we booked the session for a thursday, which turned out to be a rainy, dismal day not ideal for professional portraits! thus we postponed the photo session to the following friday, which was sunny, warm and perfectly inspiring! mark's wife dawn came along to encourage and support mark, but ultimately she provided entertainment for both of us, making the session fun and super casual!!!

it was important to mark that his portraits not look stiff - that his portraits portray the casual and easy-going guy he is while also communicating to potential clients that he is trustworthy and dependable. i hope my portraits have captured this for him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment