Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

high school senior portraits!

i haven't had the opportunity yet to do many high school senior [girls] portraits but it is definitely one of the niche's i will cater to in my business. last year, when esther and i ventured out with my camera [when i was playing around to see if i could/should/liked this whole photography as a business] to do some photos, i had some much fun! esther was a blast to work with and i loved her ideas for poses and locations; i loved the clothes that she brought, and i loved that we collaborated together to create some really lovely photos that are uniquely hers. these photos remain amongst my favourites from this past year!

i remember being in high school... i did not like having my picture taken, especially since my mom didn't know how to take a decent photo [it's not artistic when your mom cuts of your head in a photo because she can't figure out how to use the camera!] and the school portraits that were taken were bland. there was nothing original about the photos with the blue or grey backdrops and the photographer who just pushed students through as though we were on a warehouse assembly line. don't get me wrong, studio backdrops and traditionally posed portraits have their place but when i was a 17 year old thinking about her future i wanted photos marking my graduation to be unique, inspired and something i could be proud to show off; and it would have been great to work with a photographer who made me feel good about myself! i especially would have loved pictures of me in the prom dress that i had designed and had made for me that i could look back on and remember how beautiful i felt! my parents spent a lot of money on my dress, my mom and i spent hours scouring the malls for the perfect shoes and hand bag to match, and when i put everything on that sunny june day i felt like a princess.

i want to give girls graduating from high school the experience i never had. the opportunity to design their graduation photo shoot! so, once you book your high school senior portraits with me we will meet up for coffee [on me] and do some brainstorming about location, clothes, hair/make-up, props etc... you name it we'll talk about it! i'll encourage you to bring along your favourite book or magazines, favourite article of clothing or jewelry and anything else that we can draw inspiration from!

i am working on putting together a booklet that i could send to if you express interest in booking a photo session with me, and it will be peppered with information and photo shoot options, etc... because one standard just does not fit everyone, right! oh, and if you are interested in getting your senior portrait photos for free, see below!

love & sunshine,
shannon-may

click here for more information



No comments:

Post a Comment