Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

st. andrews (chamcook lake) portraits: raymond and rosie

i have said it before, and i will say it again. i have ridiculously good looking friends. raymond and rosie are no exception. and thankfully, they were equally excited as i was to do a couples portrait session with them.

over the past year as i have developed as a photographer i have learned a lot about the style of photography i want to produce. and about the kind of photography sessions i want to conduct with my clients. i have discovered that in order to create the kinds of images that i can be proud of, and that captures my clients genuinely i need to create and control situations that bring out real emotion and responses in my models.

so, a couple of weeks ago my willing [and good looking] friends raymond and rosie, and i set out on a friday evening to spend sometime together with my camera. i brought along my iphone loaded with images that inspire me and i set out to create my own versions of these images and came up with a few of my own ideas as we went along. these poses [or as i like to call them 'directed positions and situations'] combined with raymond and rosie's own responses in these poses made for some really beautiful results!

i love these photos so much i have already starting updating some of my marketing materials with them!

love & sunshine,
shannon-may










































5 comments:

  1. Love these! We've known Ray since he was a pre-schooler, and you have captured his gentle, artistic, funny personality beautifully! Thanks for this --

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. you're so welcome. ray is a myriad of wonderful traits and it was so fun to see him and rosie so free and comfortable in front of my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese made me cry, I've known Rosie for 13 years, we went to church together, I've watched her grow from a little girl to a youth (I was her jr.youth leader) and now a gorgeous young woman who has found Love... in a place that I have fallen inlove with..the Maritimes.. sigh* thanks for capturing such beautiful love- your gifted! I'm a photographer as well, just started out the last 2 years being serious, where as before I was just 'emerging' well, I guess we are always 'emerging' but I absolutely LOVE your blog and you transparency! Thanks for being so real- your capturing real shots beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jessanna!! you are too sweet! thank you for such an encouraging note!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. Shannon-May, these photos capture Raymond and Rosie perfectly. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete