Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

a whole new look

to celebrate the official launch of shannon may photography i am so pleased to share with you my stellar new website!! built [once again] with the best website builder ever - showit! [of course i used my novice photoshop skills to design the backgrounds, story boards, logos etc...].


this new website - the look, the vibe, the colours, the layers and depth... etc. this is what i had envisioned. the first day i did a mock up of the landing page in photoshop one rainy afternoon the whole look and direction i was going with this felt right. i am much more confident in the overall impression is gives people about me and my owrk, and i have found the process of developing my packaging and print marketing materials so much easier. i feel like the image of shannon may photography is finally coming together.



you'll notice changes to the content as well. i did away with the super lengthy bio [my story] and added a 'these things i love' page, a 'the places i've seen' page talking about my travels and where i hope to go next [africa, please? people get married there how about i come as your photographer!?]. i couldn't do away with storytelling completely because it what i love to do! so i included a new little page where i have written a couple of brief little stories about myself, and will likely add to them or update as i remember moments from my youth and childhood, or as new stories emerge [tends to happen happen after a glass of wine or two].



information regarding my services and products [and fees] are now available along with some faqs that are likely to pop into one's mind when perusing the site. if you want more detailed investment info email me and i'll email you a copy of my handy new investment guide [only available for weddings thus far but my portrait guide is close to being completed].


and of course, i couldn't update my website without updating the blog!!! i am so sorry about all the pink in the last site. i went a lotta overboard! it happened o innocently! i was inspired by my kelly moore [camera] bag!


poke around the site and tell me what you think! as i am a habitual publish with out editing type i am sure there will be errors that you are welcome to bring to my attention! there is still some work i need to do on the site but it is just tweaking, and adding some information that i want up there etc but do not have that all pulled together!!

whew. now that this is done i can finish kate & chris's wedding photos [i'm so close], and i can make some final decisions about packaging etc, which i am excited to share with you when all that comes together!!

thank you for reading my blog, and always encouraging me! 

love & sunshine,
shannon-may

No comments:

Post a Comment