Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

i shot my first wedding today

phew. i just got home from shooting my first wedding. i have been preparing and planning for this since last november when kate and chris first approached me about being their wedding photographer. this is only second official wedding i have shot. whoa. i cannot tell you how appreciate i am that kate and chris took a chance on me and trusted me to document their wedding.

i could focus on the many details and insecurities that continually rushed through my mind. i could focus on the many things i could have done differently. and i could focus on much my feet ache. but i won't. i won't because i know when i begin to cull the images tomorrow and begin picking out the images that captured the beauty of the day, and that tell the wedding love story of kate and chris, that the images will be perfect.

i did my best with the experience and knowledge about photography that i have gained over the last year about and this coupled with my love for people and capturing their special moments. and these first experiences, and the time i take to reflect on them is only going to make me a better photographer, and will motivate me learn more, practice more and have fun along the way. i know this is what i supposed to be doing!

i cannot wait to share these images with you! seriously i am so excited... you saw their engagement photos, right? just imagine how sweet their wedding pictures are! kate and chris wear their love for one another on their faces and there is no question that each one sees how extraordinary the other is when they look into the eyes of their beloved. you'll have to wait though, because kate and chris are off to florida tomorrow for a honeymoon and i promised to hold back until they get home and have their first glance!

i shot my first wedding today and i had fun!

love and sunshine!
shannon-may

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo!! you were so much fun to watch! can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete