Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

{1000 Gifts} Ruthie

Inspiring west coast photographer Vanessa Voth challenges herself to post everyday a photo of her little girl. I love this. It gives wee bits of insight into her life and gives her an opportunity to pick up her camera each day to do something she loves!

I am accepting this challenge for myself.

The last couple of months I have been focusing a lot on the business end of Shannon May Photography and spent little time with my camera in hand but I need this to change. I need more balance.The past couple of days I've experience a few light bulb moments that is going to bring more changes to how I do business, mostly how I value my talent and time, and how to best deliver my images to my clients.

In the midst of these moments I lost perspective and questioned my abilities. I uttered to my friend Shelley "I think I just need to get out and shoot something. It's been too long since I've picked up my camera!"

I have been reading Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. She talks about the importance of receiving the gifts that God gives in your everyday. I love this, especially since I tend to look too far ahead, planning, wishing and dreaming, which is followed by being overwhelmed with thoughts of what I do not have and all the work involved to get those things!

So, with camera in hand, I am going to begin receiving God's good gifts and post one frame each day (hopefully) in response to God's offering; with camera in hand I am going to start making my list of one thousand gifts! And with camera in hand I am going to do what I love and what makes it possible to call myself a photographer.

1: My puppy, Ruthie.


Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

PS: Be sure to check out my redesigned website!!! www.shannonmayphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment