Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

{ENGAGEMENT} Carolyn & Adam

The rain was pouring as I drove out to Saint Andrews. I was praying God, please make the rain stop! Carolyn and Adam had driven all the way from Lunenburg and we have no opportunity for a do-over! I want this photo shoot to be perfect for them! I really needn't have worried 'cause anyone who has met Carolyn and Adam will soon realize that as long as they are with each other, every moment is perfect. At least this is what I perceived after spending two hours with them!!

It is pretty safe to say that it was love at first site for Carolyn and Adam. When I asked how and when did they know this is it? Carolyn responded "I knew when we met, and he did soon after." Carolyn also wrote to me "We get along so well, it's crazy how easy and natural our relationship has been." Adam proposed while they were sitting at home one evening. They were on the floor stretching and he started to tell Carolyn about the life he wanted to have with her.

The rain let up but it was still sprinkling when we set out to begin the photoshoot. I kept making sure they were okay with the rain and both Carolyn and Adam were totally fine with it. Their easy-goingness is indicative of the relationship they have with one another, and embodies the sentiments that Carolyn expressed, and is what makes Adam's proposal so personal and romantic... in my humble opinion anyway!

I cannot wait to photograph their wedding in June! It will be the first of my upcoming season and it's going to be so beautiful. And if Carolyn and Adam are as natural and comfortable in front of the camera on their wedding day as they were for their engagement session, I have a feeling my job is going to be very easy!!

Hope you enjoy these images as much as I do!!
































Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

4 comments:

  1. these are so beautiful!! a great job...Carrie is my Niece so I am biased but the photos are so natural....just like they are. I can see many tears at this wedding!

    Sandy Ramsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy!! Thank you!!! They were so easy and naturally comfortable in front of the camera! Made my job super easy.... And I may just one of the contributors of the many tears!!! :) Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos!! I have to agree, they look so natural. Unless you mentioned the rain, I never would have known. They are absolutely glowing! See you in June:)
    Carrie Estabrooks ( wife of Adam's cousin, Scott)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! Looking forward to the wedding and finally meeting Adam.
    - Michael Graham (Carrie's cousin)

    ReplyDelete