Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

{PERSONAL} Moments To Cling To.

I've failed these past few weeks at keeping up with my 1000 Gifts blog series... more because I've found it difficult to keep up with the photographic component, not because I am lacking in gratitude for the gifts that surround me everyday. Which leads to this post...

I am a dreamer. I have a very large list of lofty dreams about how to spend my life, the experiences I wish to have, the places I want to see, the blogs on which I want to be published... Dreaming is good. I think so anyway. More often than not it is my dreams and goals that get my day going! And more often than not I have this notion that my life will mean more, be more exciting and more wonderful if I achieve these goals!! While this is true, it is not the truth I wish to rest my faith in because some of my dreams are just those, dreams.

Lucy Maude Montgomery wrote:

“I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” 

Is this ever true. Yesterday was proof. My day began with a meeting of a fabulous creative team in Saint Andrews planning our next concept shoot together, and unexpectedly ended with a late night snack of homemade delicious soup garnished with white truffle oil, homemade lemon-cracked artisan bread, a bite of a chocolate cherry cookies, a glass of white wine and the amazing hospitality of my dear friends Jon and Kristen. 

My yesterday was filled with "simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” And these days are the nicest and sweetest days I wish to rest my faith in because they make life worthwhile and the humdrum of life bearable. These are the moments to cling to.

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

No comments:

Post a Comment