Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

{ENGAGEMENT} Megan and Robert

I knew from the very first phone call with Megan that I would like these two. And I laughed out loud the entire time I was reading through what Megan and Robert wrote to me about themselves. Particularly when Megan admitted to not being a morning person and needing three separate alarms and the smell of coffee to entice her out of bed! I think her and I are kindred spirits in this regard! Fortunately for Megan she has found the best alarm clock there is: Robert... well Robert and the fresh cup of coffee he places on the bathroom counter for her to enjoy when she finally makes her way out bed!

Megan and Robert's engagement session is indicative of who they are individually and as a couple... and in someways speaks volumes of what they love most about each other. Both Megan and Robert share an intense love for coffee, and ever since they first met during UNB's frosh week seven years ago, in their first year of university, Megan and Robert have have regularly been having coffee together. Their perfect date would be having coffee in Italy and Robert proposed to Megan during their regular Saturday morning coffee. Thus, beginning our photo session together at a coffee shop, with Megan drinking her favourite Caramel Macchiotto and Robert drinking bold, coffee make perfect sense. 

The second part of their engagement session was planned for the UNB Campus grounds and Library - specifically the Lord Beaverbrook Room. They brought along a couple of books that perfectly expressed their personalities and the strengths that they find valuable about one another. These books are titled "Stay Calm and Carry On" and "Now Panic and Freak Out." Can you guess which book belongs to Robert and which book belongs to Megan? Perhaps their own words of love for each other will help you decide... Of Robert, Megan writes: "Rob has the biggest heart, and is always putting everyone else before himself. He is genuinely a good person and everyone who ever meets him knows that about Rob." Megan also mentioned that she keeps Rob around "because he makes the good rice!" Of Megan, Robert wrote: "What I love most about Megan so much is she has a crazy personality. She never ceases to amaze me how she can take the smallest thing and make a joke about it. I even love her stubbornness because in part she does it seriously and in part she does it to be funny and drive me bonkers, but I'm okay with that."  

I so enjoyed my time hanging out with and photographing Megan and Robert - I am so glad it worked out for us to meet up while they were in the Maritimes visiting Megan's family in Nova Scotia. And I cannot wait for their destination wedding to Saint Andrews next summer! I'm already plotting how I can capture even more of their personalities and the fun they have with one another! I can't believe I have to wait a whole other year for it!!! But in the meantime, I will enjoy these images and I hope you do too!

Dont' forget to leave some blog love for these two addicts of coffee and love!!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May




























4 comments:

  1. OMG. Love these and I can't wait for the Wedding. You are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr i love them too meggie oops know u know who this is o well!

      Delete
  2. So cute, the one of rob and the sugar and megan licking the foam from the mug off her finger is so cute nad so very much them. Love you two

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuuuuutest ever. :D

    ReplyDelete