Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

{WEDDING} Sarah and Craig

I am not sure where to begin with this wedding. I had been waiting a long time for this day to come... perhaps not as long as Sarah and Craig, but a while none-the-less! This wedding involved three ferry rides, a large schooner, a rendezvous with two lobster boats then tethered to the schooner, a groom and his groomsmen who helped the schooner's crew raise the sails, a hidden away bride until our ocean destination was reached, Scottish men in kilts, lobster caught by the groom and his father, pies made by a local food artist using locally grown blueberries, a live band, party guests who refused to the let party end, fireworks, a song performed by the bride and groom with the band, and a whole lot of fun! 

Everything was planned so perfectly and so personally to Sarah and Craig's tastes and personalities, which is no surprise since Sarah is a wedding planner and they had the support of the entire Deer Island Community (at least it seemed that way!).  Even the ceremony was as unique as their love story. Sarah walked down the aisle to a modified version of Ingrid Michaelson's Far Away, which begins with "I will live my life as a Lobsterman's way on an island in the blue bay," their hands were bound together in a slip knot by Craig's friend and fellow Lobsterman Zack, and instead of wedding bands, the best man accidentally hand over lobster claw bands before handing over the rings, which were made by a local jewelry artist! The ceremony also included a blessing from the parents and vows written by Sarah and Craig. 

As I have sorted through the images from the day and worked my way through the highlights I found myself reliving the day, and feeling again the joy I felt that day as I admired Sarah's bridal beauty and watched the way Craig looked at her with adoration. Even thought photographing a wedding on a schooner with perfect weather and amongst the happiest wedding guests ever was a dream come true for this girl, the best part for me was watching the way Sarah and Craig looked at each. I always love the time I get to spend with just my bride's and groom's during the formal portraits of the day and the images their love produce, but I have to say my favourite images from day are of Sarah and Craig on the dance floor, when Craig sang to his new wife and Sarah would caress Craig's head and back so lovingly.  

Sarah and Craig's wedding day was the perfect start to a new chapter in their love story that was destined to be written that fateful day when Craig's weekend trip to Ontario turned into two weeks and he ended up meeting the lovely strawberry blond who stole his red-headed heart. 

Sarah and Craig - thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of your best day. During the reception Craig told me (though he probably doesn't remember) I'm part of the family now so the next time the Conley clan is together I expect an invite ;) Love you both!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May































































When Craig and his BFF Clinton were kids they had their photo taken and it ended up in National Geographic. As a special wedding gift to Craig and Sarah, Clinton had the images blown up and, if I remember correctly thought maybe they could hang it over their bed?

















The Wedding Details and Vendor Team

Sarah and Craig's wedding was made possible by the following amazing creative team:

Wedding Planning: The Bride!!! Owner of Celebrations by Sarah, Saint Andrews, NB.

Ceremony Musicians: Al Gallant, Jamie Jack and Stacie Field (of The Lushes). 

Band: The Lushes (seriously awesome band; find out when they are playing and go!)

Ceremony Venue: Ada Lore Schooner, operated by the Eastport Windjammers Tours in Eastport Maine.

Bride's Wedding Dress: Bought online!

Bride's Shoes. Groom's attire and Groomen's attire: Sears Canada.

Guys ties: Tip Top Tailors, Saint John, NB.

Wedding Flowers: Garden By the Sea, Saint Andrews NB.

Hair Stylist: Pure Hair, Saint Andrews, NB.

Make-up Artist: Pure Esthetics, Saint Andrews NB.

Tent, tables and chair rentals: Celebrations by Sarah, Saint Andrews, NB.

Linens and ceiling draping: Just Perfect - Event Decor and Cakes, St. Stephen, NB.

Decor: DIY by the Bride and Groom, the Bridal Party, Family and Friends.

Catering by: 45th Parallel Restaurant. 

Bag Piper: Dana Planetta.

Photography: Shannon May Photography, St. Stephen, NB


5 comments:

  1. What.a.wedding! I was actually photographing in Saint Andrews that day, and I thought of you out on that boat somewhere beyond what I could see. I was jealous then, and I'm jealous now ;) Congratulations Sarah & Craig! It looks like it was a wonderful day.

    Also, hehe, I spot my neighbour in some of these pics. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pretty awesome day!!

    Small world indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music during the ceremony...Al Gallant, Jamie Jack and Stacie Field

    Band for the Party...The Lushes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my oh my!!! Shannon-May, these are absolutely AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for being so good at what you do, capturing so many incredible moments and bringing me right back to the big day...ahhhhhh, we're so incredibly happy with these. And, the write-up, you brought me to tears! Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah words can't express the gratitude I feel towards you and Craig for including me in the day! My heart of course was extra invested in your wedding (if that's even possible since I love all my Brides and Groomies) but you have become such a dear friend and colleague over the past 16 months that I wasn't just there as your photographer but I got be such an integral part of my friend's wedding, which meant so much to me!! Not start having babies so I can photograph your "three girls all with strawberry girls - little Ella and Nelly and Faye!!" ;)

      Delete