Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{WEDDING} Keisha and Andrew

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with outs, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love- true love." - Robert Fulghum.

This is what the inside of Keisha and Andrew's wedding invitation. If true love is the blending together of two people's individual weirdness, then I am going to say that Keisha and Andrews are weirdness people I know! Seriously, as I have poured through the images taken during their wedding ceremony, portraits, and reception it is apparent that these two belong together and are deeply in love with one another and the life they have began to build together and it seems as though it was always meant to be this way.

Keisha and Andrew's wedding a personal celebration that was made even more personal by the amount of family that surrounded them on their best day, helping set up the DIYbackyard reception, put together and cook the scrumptious BBQ-style potluck, and look after Keisha and Andrew's sweet little baby girl, Breeze. Their wedding ceremony was witnessed only by immediate family and a few close friends on Navy Island off the coast of Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, which was accessible only by boat and where Keisha and Andrew have spent many hours exploring together! Their ceremony was officiated by Celebrant Selina Ashurst and written based upon their own love story. And the details and decor that peppered the celebration with handmade details and bright colours was inspired by three things that Keisha and Andrews hold dear to their hearts: the ocean, peacock feathers and their love of friends and family - some of whom traveled from out West to be here for Keisha and Andrew!

I have said this before, and I think I will continue to say it - I love the way couples look at each other. Regardless of the stage of their relationship - dating, engaged, newly married, married with children, retired - there is a way that two people look at each other that gets me every time! It is that look that says, "I know you, I trust you, I love you, and I am so glad we chose each other (I think you're pretty hot)!" Through tears, joy or sorrow, the look remains the same and it is always says so much. And it is couples like Keisha and Andrew that reminds me how much I love seeing this look shared between two people who get each other, and have found a mutually satisfying weirdness.

Enjoy this peak into Keisha and Andrew's wedding day and please leave them some blog love!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May




















































































9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the rich colours!!! The peacock feathers and the flower combo is amazing!!! And I don't even have words for how much I love the last picture. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, brilliant, breathtaking. and perfect. Thank you for making a record of this day in a way that I don't believe anyone else could have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHOA. That is like the greatest compliment EVER!!! I just got a little teary.

      Delete
  3. Absolutly gorgeous :) I love the way you captured that day. They are a beautiful couple and people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. Every single photo you took, is special in some sort of way. Amazing! You as a photographer has the imagination that must go on for miles. You captured the love these two have for one another like noone else could!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful wedding - Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so incredibly talented and I can feel the love coming from each picture. I am speechless.

    ReplyDelete