Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

WEDDING | Sarah & Alain


Sara and Alain were engaged over a year ago  while hiking in Montana's Glacier National Park. After looking into options for their wedding and feeling discouraged by the roadblocks and potholes in the wedding planning journey, they decided on a small intimate Kingsbrae Garden wedding with only thirteen of their closet family members in attendance, and this was followed by   dinner at the Rossmount Inn.  Though Sara and Alain did not say it, I imagine that this was their dream wedding, especially since two things they love sharing together are the outdoors and good meals., and it ended with them being husband and wife.

The weather was not ideal for a garden wedding however rather than the rain being a damper , it instead represented the joy that poured out of  Sara and Alain and their family as these two became husband and wife. Katelyn, the event coordinator at Kingsbrae commented to me at one point that she has never seen so much happiness during a rainy wedding. So true. During our portrait time together, the rain fell harder and with more intensity, and Sara and Alain's joy intensified right along with it!!

I loved every minute of the three hours I spent with Sara and Alain. But my best moment to witness was when Alain cuddled Sara under the umbrella  while the rain fell and the wind began to kick up. I had stopped to change my memory card and when I looked up I caught a deeper glimpse of the tenderness, respect and admiration these two have  for one another, and how perfectly their fit together.  It would seem that their bubbling joy pours out of a place of comfort and trust.

Sara and Alain, congratulations. Thank you for choosing me to tell your wedding story.

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

































1 comment: