Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

PORTRAITS | Aaron

Aaron was the winner of last spring's Grand March Scholarship, and were we finally able to meet up last month to shoot her portrait session, just days before she moved to Nova Scotia to begin college!  The weather was beautiful, the sun was shining is all it's dreamy glory, and Aaron's eyes and personality sparkled.

When planning a session for high school senior I send out a little questionnaire for them to fill out so that I can gather a few her about them. But really my goal is to create some time and reason for her to reflect on her time in high school, the events and experiences that have shaped who she is, and the people most important during this time in her life. This information is also then written into the magazine I design for each of my senior girls!

When asked to write about who she is, what she loves most about herself and the things that are most important to her, Aaron wrote this:

"I love that I'm different. I've struggled with my weight all my life, but I've come to terms with the fact that there is nothing wrong with me. I refuse to let people treat me poorly. It may seem harsh but I'd rather walk alone and do what is right than be one of the crowd. I love that I am never afraid or nervous. I like to jump into the unknown. You only live once, and life is too short to be afraid. Being brave, different, confident and unique is important to me."

Congratulations on your graduation Aaron and best of luck in this next season of your life as you pursue your dreams. Please continue to share you life and wisdom with others. We need more young people who celebrate diversity and inspire others to embrace their unique identity!!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May






















No comments:

Post a Comment