Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

ENGAGED | Ashley and Steve



I'm not sure where to begin with Ashely and Steve's engagement session other than to say that working with these two confirmed to me that I have the best job I never dreamed possible. As I get to know each couple I have the privilege of working with, my admiration for them grows, especially when I learn of the sacrifices and life altering decisions each person chooses to make in order to be with the people they want to make happy and create a life with. Beautiful souls. 

Ashley and Steve live in northern Alberta and were home over Christmastime to visit family and work on plans for their Saint Andrews wedding this August, so when we met for their snowy Fredericton engagement session it was our first time meeting. We met at Cedar Tree Cafe for coffee before beginning their engagement session, and talking with them was like sitting down with friends and hearing about the life they have began to build together. They were transparent and open about the difficulties of living in a remote area and the sacrifices that comes with being so very far away. In previous correspondence when I had asked them what is one of the biggest challenges they have had to overcome together, Steve wrote: "Moving away from home and going to a very northern/isolated location. Ashley made the move so I could teach. She also left her new job just so we could go." This supportive nature is one of things that Steve most loves about Ashley, writing also that she is most often the bright point of his day and always understanding, and recalled the encouraging note that she packed in his lunch on his first day of teaching. 










Ashely and Steve met while working and attending University in Fredericton. Sparks flew and they spent many nights getting to know each other over BBQ nachos at The Snooty Fox, and they make a point of eating these nachos several times whenever they are home in Fredericton. Thus, it only made sense that we should incorporate this tasty tradition into their photos!! (Side note: I tasted these raved about nachos and I fully uphold Ashley and Steve's high opinion!). Great moments and heaps of laughter followed, some that is sure to be abundant on their wedding day!! Especially since Steve is gifted at making Ashley, which is one of the things she most loves about him!
 







While it was super cold and I was forced to wear my winter boots (I really loath boots and still try to get away with wearing cute flats all winter), I am so glad for the opportunity to photograph the super gorgeous Ashley and Steve against the beautiful snowy Fredericton landscape because it brings in a whole other element of romance when you create photographs of two souls in love... and then you get these images like this. 
  
And these.






And this one.



And this one (love the fur lining!!!)









And the blue sky of this one...



Thank you to The Snooty Fox for letting us "take over" a wee bit, and to the ladies at Made You Blush for the lovely job they did getting Ashley "camera ready" (though she is gorgeous without make-up)! But importantly, Thank You Ashley and Steve for choosing to work with me and for braving the cold!!! I am super excited for your wedding day and to see you both again! 

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

No comments:

Post a Comment