Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

fort langley portrait session: candice & mike

i have been to numerous weddings in my lifetime. i have a large extended family with a lot of cousins older than myself, thus right from an early age i was attending weddings. this did much to inspire me for the day when i would marry. one of the things i often thought about was having a friend stand up to toast me - you know the one i'm talking about right? the one who knows you best. the one who you spent every weekend with in high school, the one who you talked about everything with, the one who you got into trouble with, and the one who will fly across the country to visit you... i can remember, as i sat as a guest at weddings, thinking i wish i had a friend like that. well, i do!

candice and i have been friends for nearly twenty-three years and though our lives have taken us in different paths, our history has created a bond of friendship that cannot be unbroken. and think candice became an even dearer friend to me when, november 2010, she flew across the country to spend a week with me. having candice in st. stephen was like being home.

it was a great privilege to photograph candice and her fella, mike last week. she has found love in the form of a good man who adores her and respects her strong will to go after the things important to her. i love some of the moments i was able to capture that shows how much they love each other. the life they are building together is as lovely as their home and as sweet as their puppy roofus - who made his appearance in a few photos!

through the course of the photo shoot I would show candice some of the images and she would comment on how her eyes disappear… i told her its because her smile envelopes her face because she has so much joy to give off. and it’s infectious. as I was editing photos and picking my favorites to share my face disappeared into a mile wide smile…

I love you candice!

































No comments:

Post a Comment