Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

technology is my not friend these days

i have been in bc since january 2nd. it's been a great time catching up with family and old friends... even reconnecting with some friends i haven't seen for more than 6 years!! i have tons of photos to share and my mind is full of thoughts, inspirations and ideas that i would love to write about... but technology is not my friend these days.


when my parents retired last year and sold their house, gave away most of their belongings and set out to spend the next two years as 'nomads' they also gave up the conveniences that liviing in a house offers the modern person; of these things being internet, which is something that i have come to heavily rely on. internet is like coffee to me, i need it everyday and to available whenever and whereever i want! not having regular access has made me fall behind on emails, facebook-stalking, blogging and everything that makes me feel connected to my family and friends who are all over the world. and, i have failed to stay on top of my business workflow - i have images from 5 photo sessions just waiting to be shared and yet every attempt i have made this past week to post them has failed. bump, bump, buhhhhhmm.


now, i am not completely without internet, obviously, right now i am sitting in a starbucks. and my parent's do have one of those wireless celular internet sticks. unfortunately, the area where they are currently staying has poor cellular reception and the only time the stick seems to work is in the middle of night, and uploading pictures takes forever... and, after arriving in bc i soon discovered that the airpost card or chip in my own laptop needs to be replaced which means i cannot connect to the internet using my own laptop, unless i use the cellular stick. what-the-...


today, i thought i had the solution. put all my images and everything i want to upload onto my external hard drive, take that and my parent's laptop to starbucks and work away. not gonna happen. why? because my external hd is formatting to be compatible for a mac, and my parent's laptop is a pc. argh.


furthermore, i paid a second visit to the apple fix-it place today, having made the decision to have my machine fixed only to be presented with more fix-it options, which could mean more money.... and the deabte about whether i should even get my laptop fixed or find money for a new one is furthered rather than put to rest.


so, today techonology is not my friend. if i could upload a picture of my unhappy face from the computer i am currently using i would...

No comments:

Post a Comment