Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

whistler portraits: dennis and maureen

one of the things i really wanted to do while home in bc was to drive up to whistler to walk around the village and take photos. i dragged my parents along with me and made them the subject of my photos whilst capturing some of the charm of whistler village. dad was a little grumbly but i'm used to it and used my persuasive ways to coax some smiles out of him... and even managed to get some public displays of affection between him and my mom!

sine it was valentine's day we went to dinner in deep cove (north vancouver) on our way home from out afternoon excursion and i took the opportunity to question my mom about romance in the early parts of my parents relationship. apparently it never existed! my father is too practical for that... and that is good thing because when my mom was a young woman when a guy was being all sentimental and romantic she got the impression that the guy wanted something from her... uh. and here i thought the romance was lost but it's always been the way they both wanted it! wow, who else can say that their relationship has remained the same for 39 years!




















No comments:

Post a Comment