Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

PORTRAITS | Esther, part one

Esther is one of the first people I ever photographed when I was first exploring the idea of photography as a profession. I had a Canon Rebel XT and zeal. Esther had awesome red curls and loved being in front of camera. I believe her exact words to me during the shoot were "I was born to be in front of the camera." The results of her shoot were a huge encouragement to me. My friend Kristen, who's opinion means so much to me, told me that I had a gift.

It is amazing to see how both Esther and I have grown over the last three years. She has matured into a wise, self confident young lady but has not lost her passion and intensity for life, and love for the dramatic arts. She is off to UNB this fall to study literature and theatre. I have built upon the passion and skills I have as a photographer and am working full-time as a wedding photographer.

Esther and I had been trying for nearly a year to schedule another shoot together!! Finally, our schedules worked and the weather cooperated and we were able to collaborate once again. I love how these images show the dynamic person that Esther is... joy-filled, intense, confident, fun-loving, dramatic, graceful... I could go on and on.

These portraits are just part one of Esther's senior portrait session. We worked on something special for part two, which I will blog later this week!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

































No comments:

Post a Comment