Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

PORTRAITS | Genevieve

This post is a long-time coming, and is just one of two...

Back in the winter months when I was itching to get out and shoot, and looking to connect with other creatives I reached out to a few photographers in the Southern New Brunswick who I knew or wanted to know and suggested we get together for a little shoot-out followed by sharing some laughter and wine! The response was awesome, however in the end, when the actual day came my friend and fellow  photographer Genevieve was the only one able to make our date! (Last minute Genevieve worked her own contacts and recruited Christina Coffey to join in on the fun (her pictures to come later).

I first connected with Genevieve when she reached out to me last summer. We exchanged a few emails, discovering how alike we were, and how our journey to being working photographers were similar! We met for coffee in August and she was as awesome in person as she was in email!! And in September I had the privilege of photographing her and her handsome hubby; they were celebrating ten years of being together and decided to celebrate this season in their lives with portraits of just the two of them (they left their kids at home!).

I am always thrilled to have this lady in front of my lens or to simply meet up with her to chill out and talk the biz. Hopefully, sometime soon we'll even have the chance to work together on a project or wedding!

I think this set of photos captures perfectly her dynamic character - the contemplative, the serious, the goof, the stylish, the sweet... I meant to post these months ago but I didn't. But how perfect it is that I am posting them today because I am headed to Saint John for the day, and meeting up with Genevieve for lunch!






















Stay tuned for some pictures of the lovely Christina, who was able to join in last minute for some shoot-out fun!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

No comments:

Post a Comment