Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

FEATURED | Sarah and Craig's Nautical Deer Island Wedding on Weddingbells.ca

It is always so nerve wracking when you complete a wedding and send off the gallery to the clients! When you are providing a creative service to others you are really giving away a piece of yourself. This is your creation, your ideas, your perspective. As a photographer, I am the artist and my camera is merely the medium through which I create. Thus, sharing a couple's wedding images with them is like sharing a piece of myself! I take their response very personally... everytime!

I knew Sarah and Craig loved their images. And their wedding celebration was full of personality and details that I wanted others to delight in! I knew going into their wedding day that I wanted to share their images with the editors at Weddingbells.ca in hopes that they would feature it on their blog. Just like when I sent the completed gallery off to Sarah and Craig, I waited with baited breath to hear back from Weddingbells.ca... and for a while I heard nothing!

One of my goals for 2013 was to have a wedding featured on Weddingbells.ca, so you can imagine how elated I felt (after waiting nearly three months from the submission date) when I opened my email last week and found a note from the editor at Weddingbells.ca advising me that Sarah and Craig's wedding had been featured! I literally jumped up for joy, and spent the rest of the day beaming!

Everytime my Bride's and Groom's write to me following their wedding, telling me how much they love their images... Everytime I meet with a prospective couple who ask me to be their wedding photographer... Everytime an editor accepts my work to be featured on their site... Every single one of these times, I am encouraged and affirmed that I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing right now! I still pinch myself some days when I feel like I am in a dream.

I am going to stop rambling now, and simply ask you to go check out Sarah and Craig's wedding on Weddingbells.ca where you can leave some love for them and for me!!





Special shout out to my friend Jon, who was my second shooter for day and helped me capture all these magnificent moments and details!!

To see more of Sarah and Craig's wedding visit www.craigandsarah.shannonmayphotography.com.

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

No comments:

Post a Comment