Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

WEDDING | Brittney and Jonathan

I have been waiting for Brittney and Jonathan's wedding since the first time I met with Brittney and her mother Sandra last summer. And my anticipation was heightened even more after photographing Jonathan and Brittney's engagement session.  I am pretty sure my excitement had two primary motivations! One, Brittney  is a Pinterest addict and her vision for a traditional and simple DIY wedding with touches of navy blue silver and yellow excited the artist and lover of pretty things in me!! And the loveliness that Brittney and Jonathan (and Sandra) exude make me feel like yI've been hugged with  kindness every time I would talk with them, which was quite often considering I would run into them frequently (small time living is awesome for reasons such as this!!).

Brittney and Jonathan's wedding was exactly what I envisioned it to be. The DIY details that Brittney gleaned from Pinterest and kept her and her mother busy throughout the winter months included tulle chairs covers, kissing bells, candy skewers and homemade BBQ rub guest favours, decorated mason jars for the flowers, framed pictures pew markers and the Bride's and Bridesmaids bouquets, featuring some of her grandmother's broaches. Everything was put together impeccably. The loveliest details of all, however were the framed portraits of her grandparents who have passed but still very dear to the hearts of those who loved them.

The speeches that were delivered by Jonathan's brother Benjamin, and friends reiterated my feelings about this beautiful couple. Rarely have I heard a man praised so warmly by others as teared stained their cheeks, and the respect that they have for Brittney and the role she has played in Jonathan's life  would have assured any parent that their children have chosen well.  It seems that everyone who knows this couple has been hugged with kindness!

As I hugged Brittney and Jonathan goodbye I admitted I was a little saddened that their wedding day had come and would soon be over. I have the privilege of meeting many amazing people in the course of my job and feel so honoured to share in this special time with them... and sometimes I admit I get a little attached!! But I am sure I will be seeing Brittney and Jonathan (and Sandra) again and again in the aisles of the local grocery store!!!

Thank you to the newlywed Mr. and Mrs.! Happy Honeymooning and enjoy this new chapter of your unfolding love story.

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May


Thank you to my always wonderful second shooter Jon for capturing this great photo of Jonathan. You've been incredible to work with and I'm so bummed you're moving away!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Some of the best I've seen. Great job for a wonderful couple:)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon May! You have outdone yourself! These are absolutely stunning! Big Congratulations to Brittney and Jonathan! We will be talking about these photos for weeks at work! :)
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of a beautiful couple and such an amazing day! Holly

    ReplyDelete