Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

ENGAGED | Jennifer and Jarrad

I am often asked if having an engagement session is necessary. My  answer is always an enthusiastic "YES!" I give my usual speil about it being a good opportunity for my Brides and Grooms to get an idea of what to expect from me as their wedding photographer and a good opportunity for me to see how comfortable they are in front of the camera and with some direction. But honestly, the reason I include engagement sessions as a complimentary service with all my wedding collections is because I love the opportunity engagement sessions give me to see the story of each couple come to life! My time spent with Jennifer and Jarrad was no exception!

My first thoughts of Jennifer and Jarrad were that they fit so well together. They exude a confidence and joy with one another that is lovely to witness, and is indicative of couples who know each other so well and think the world of their partner. They laughed, were playful, made faces at one another and seemed happy and content to be in each other's arms.  And, according to Jennifer, it has been this way ever since they first met.  Jennifer and Jarrad were introduced by friends, hit it off immediately and have been together ever  since. Though they have different personalities (according t Jennifer) there common love to laugh, and have fun, and to love others around them binds them together in to a strong couple.  And it is important to both of them to share these values with their children.  I love when the words on the paper of the engagement questionnaire I send to my couples come alive to me as I photography their love!

Jarrad proposed at Christmastime and officially sealed the deal on forever!  His original plan was to proposed on Christmas Eve but his excitement boiled over as soon as he had the ring his possession and he spontaneously proposed one day while they were cleaning their house in preparation for a Christmas party. Jennifer sensed he was acting nervous and excited but didn't put two and two together until he dissappeared to the basement of their home and then returned with a little blue bag. Jennifer writes, "I was mopping the kitchen floor (not very romantic) when he basically ran up the stairs, into the kitchen and thrust a blue bag at me. I then got an idea of what was happening. I looked in the bag and saw the little blue box. Jarrad's cheeks were red and I am sure he was sweating. He said 'will you accept it?!?' I said, are you going to ask. And then he said, 'will you marry me?' And the rest is history.

Jennifer and Jarrad's history continues with a new chapter beginning this July when they will exchange "I do's" in front of family and friends in a garden ceremony! And I am so thrilled to be the one capturing their history in the making!! Thank you Jennifer and Jarrad for being awesome and giving me the opportunity to do what I love!!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May





2 comments:

  1. These photo are fantastic, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianne! Jennifer and Jarrad's loveliness definitely made my job easy!!

      Delete