Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{PERSONAL} King's Landing, Sugarbush and Animals

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of visiting King's Landing with a great gaggle of girls, many of whom are students, alumni and staff at SSU!! We petted the animals, walked the grounds, took a carriage ride with my new horse friends Bud and Sarah, and ate some maple candy fresh off the ice. Fun was had by all. My highlight... watching sweet Ariel come to life around the barnyard animals and fulfilling a lifelong dream of having a horse-drawn carriage ride! (I don't know what it is, but seeing people experience things that they have only previously dreamed about really warms my heart!).

Thank you ladies for sharing your day with me!! Let's do it again when the babies are born!





I love pigs. Watching this one forage for snacks entertained me for more minutes than I like to admit!



Okay! Not all ducks are as sweet as Donald. This one had quite the attitude... and he kept giving me the ol' one eyed jack!


Awe. Annabelle. Was far too busy snacking on hay to smile for the camera!



Farmer Fred (not his real name) was kind enough to inform us that within the next four weeks the farm is going to be busy with newly born calfs, piglets and sheep!!! I cannot wait to revisit and photography the new life!!



Beautiful Julia!


Gorgeous, delightful and full of life Ariel!









Lovely Alyssa!



Our carriage driver. He was kind enough to let us know that horse manure makes for a really good chapped lip ready... who knew that a little bit of manure would prevent one from licking their lips!! Also, the carriage was driven by a natural. solid exhaust system... though sometimes it can get messy when things backfire!


Sheila was quite amused by the aforementioned information.




Maple Candy!!! Waaaay better than the first time I experienced this (I am pretty sure they used corn syrup the first time I visited!).






Happy Wednesday!

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love Kings Landing. I want to go to the sugarbush weekend next year! :) Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kandise!! It was so much fun!! You should come out when the babies are born!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally loving these pictures Shannon! Especially the last one and the ones of Julia. So much great colour! And loveliness!

    ReplyDelete