Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

{1000 GIFTS} Feasting On Life

"The art of deep seeing makes gratitude possible. And it's the art of gratitude that makes joy possible. Isn;t joy the art of God." - Ann Voskamp

This week my friend Hannah reflected on how the way we choose to tell out story has a great impact on how we live our story: we can be negative about it or we can look at everything with a positive lens, which will lead to places of gratitude. Like Ann, who writes about "deep seeing" as a path to gratitude, Hannah talked about the importance of feasting on one's life. She used her son's hugs as an example, saying that instead of just patting him on the back and saying "Thanks Buddy" she receives it as the gift it is and allows herself to enjoy the moment rather than hurrying it. 

I love this thought... feasting on life, and it fits so perfectly with this little project I have challenged myself with. How often to we take time out of the busyness of our lives to fill up on the treasures that make up our everyday... yes, even a sink full of dirty dishes is something to feast on because it means you have food to eat!

Here is what I have been feasting on this week!

18. My first ever moose siting (It was a lot closer when I first saw it, and it was "majestic.")


19. This gorgeous bouquet of spring flowers I bought myself, which has brightened up my desk this dreary week.


20. Notes of encouragement with just the right words.


21-24. Wednesday night movie night with Kristen and Abigail.






25. Afternoon Skype dates with my brother and my nephew.


And few morsels I don't have photos for...

26. Phone calls reminding me of an appointment I was likely to forget.

27. My sink full of dishes.

28. The television show, New Girl.

Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May


1 comment:

  1. Really? Your sink full of dishes?
    Can you tell me how to enjoy that? I'm lacking in that department. :)

    ReplyDelete