Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

{PUBLISHED} Sarah & Craig on The East Coast Bride

The greatest compliment a photographer can receive is from their subject. hearing from my brides and grooms that they love their photos not only tells me that I did my job well (and hopefully exceeded their expectations) but is also affirms to me that I am doing what I was created to do. That the hard work and sacrifices I make in order to move myself towards where I want to be in my professional and personal life are just that, moving me towards my goals.


The second greatest compliment is knowing that everyone else thinks my work is worth attention! Which leads to this great joy: my work has been published!


Earlier in the month I took a risk and submitted Sarah and Craig's Deer Island Engagement Session to The East Coast Bride, a wedding blog dedicated to inspiring "east coast brides with real weddings, DIY projects, and insight into our wedding planning experiences." Their submission guidelines indicated that they only accept submissions from work photographed in the Eastern United States, but I took a chance that they would fall in love with Sarah and Craig's session as it took place in the gorgeous, world class Bay of Fundy which not only borders Maine, USA, but also lures thousands of visitors from America every year. 


I must be a better saleswoman than I thought and was thrilled to learn that my submission had been accepted. And yesterday The East Coast Bride featured my work on their site. Yippee!!!





And I'm not going to lie. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the post in my Facebook newsfeed... and I  may or may not have squeeled!


Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May










2 comments:

  1. OMG.. so proud of you!!!!!! follow your dreams and your heart and the rest will come my BFF...you are truly a tlented artist and can not wait for you to photograph my nugget when you come!! xoxo Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe!! Thank you Candice!! I can't wait to meet your little guy!! I am so PROUD OF YOU Mama!!

    ReplyDelete