Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

{PORTRAITS} Julia & Greg

Practice makes perfect. And practice eases the anxiety that wells up in me every time an important photo shoot is on the horizon!!

This saturday is my first engagement shoot of the year, and I am feeling a little rusty. It's been a while since I have photographed a couple, and this upcoming engagement photo shoot is the first indoor engagement photo session for me (which I am super excited about!). So, I need practice... and I needed some inspiration. Shooting indoors comes with a different set of lighting conditions than outdoor, and offers new opportunities for composition!

Today, my friends Julia and Greg were willing models so that I could play, practice and find inspiration for Saturday's engagement shoot. And not only did we make some incredible images together, but working with them today reminded me what is required to create these incredible images: be being my crazy, dorky, cheesey self plus a couple of people who are in love. So simple (well and the fact that I know how to use my camera, use light and compose an image!!!).

Anyway, I hope Julia and Greg's cuteness makes you smile - the first few photos especially, when Greg was getting his Geek on!!






Oh, and don't mind the mess! We shot at St. Stephen's University's St. Croix House, which is home to an art room and student hangout! Julia and Greg are both students at SSU so this location was very fitting!























Love & Sunshine,
Shannon-May



2 comments:

  1. These are SO extremely adorable! I love the angle from the top of the stairs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia!! Thank you so much for always commenting!! I get so giddy when I see "a comment is needing moderation"... You're comments are so encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete