Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

here i am

when i was growing up one of my favourite hymns to sing during church was "here i am, lord." the song is a conversation [or call and response] from god to his people. and it states a promise that he will lead those that choose to follow him. i was reminded of this song and my affinity for it when my pastor gave a lecture on isaiah 6:1-9, which inspired this song! i have not been able to get the chorus out of my head:

here i am lord. is it i, lord? 
i have heard you calling in the night.
i will go, lord, if you lead me.
i will hold your people in my heart.

this song seems to be so fitting for me right now. especially the sense of trepidation or insecurity as the worshipper questions, 'it is i, lord that you are calling?" during this past weekend's wedding i could not help but second guess myself several times , wondering if i heard the inner call of my heart correctly... is it me, lord? is this really the adventure you want to lead me down? photographing a couple's wedding is a huge responsibility and it would devastate me if i failed to live up to the trust and expectations placed upon me. 

and then... then i come across images like the one below. and the joy and excitement that i am filled with cannot be contained! it is at these times i shout wherever you lead me, lord, i will follow. here i am!


i emailed this image and few others from their wedding to my bride and groom last night, stating that i could not contain my love for these images and just had to share them!! and i cannot wait to finish working on the rest of photographs, to compile the slideshow and share more of my favourite highlights from the wedding!

love & sunshine,
shannon-may




No comments:

Post a Comment