Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

[personal] seeking balance

something i have been thinking about a lot lately is the need to develop a schedule for myself... that is a work schedule. this is one challenge i have encountered running my own business: there is no one watching the clock to see when i start at my desk each day!! it also means that there is no one telling me to turn the computer off and call it a work day!!

i spent the whole weekend watching a webinar produced by creativeLIVE.  when the workshop ended on sunday, i was unsure of what to do with myself. i had technically put in a full work day [training] but i hadn't physically done anything. i struggled for about an hour with what to do... there was an internal tango going on between my work self and my personal time self!!

i laid down a boundary [or i tried]. i decided that even though i had emails to return and a photo shoot waiting to be culled, i needed to take time for myself and it had to not include the computer. so, i picked up the book i have been trying to get through [barbara kingsolver's prodigal summer] and read... but after about thirty minutes back to the computer i went. oi vey! i guess i'll try again today!

love & sunshine,
shannon-may

No comments:

Post a Comment