Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

[personal] the mullet

i hope the stylist who thought up the androgynous mullet hairstyle had his or her credentials revoked because his horrid hair trend has wounded and scarred so many. to this day i have flash backs to years of bad hair days after sporting the trendy hair do and then trying to grow it out. going through pictures of me as a kid in the eighties actually brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat because it is so painful to relive!

i remember when my friends started showing up at school with the hot new hair style that all the grown-ups and movie stars were getting. and there was one girl whose mother had let her  perm the front [short] part of her hair while leaving the back [longer parts] naturally straight. you know the mullet style i am talking about, right? i was sooooo jealous of her!

i'm glad i'm my own person now, and think hard before diving into the latest trend... though when i am fifty years old i am still likely to look back at photos of me taken now and ask myself: what was i thinking...



thank you laughing with me [and not at me]. have a good weekend!

love & sunshine,
shannon-may

No comments:

Post a Comment