Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

never ending lists = wonderful anticipation

i love lists, and frequently write up massive to-do lists for my home [personal life] that include short term and long term must do activities! so of course this list writing skill would transfer into how i manage things in my business.

i am currently working a list of things that i need to do in order to establish good workflow in all areas of my business. let's be honest for a moment: i am a pretty good administrator but running your own business requires so many more skills!! and i know this. i knew this before i decided to start my own business, and i keep being reminded of this fact every time i go to do something, or put something down on my to-do list. it seems that every time i have a "to-do," a separate list is created for how to go about completing that "to-do!" and then another list is created once that to-do is done because it means i can do a bunch of other things that were dependant upon me completed the initial to-do! oi vey. it seems the lists will be never-ending!

but i do not see any of this as a negative thing. i am excited about all the work i have to do. because i am setting up and operating a business that gives me the opportunity to do a job that i want to do! each item on my never ending list is there because i am a working photographer, and this means that i look at the list with wonderful anticipation... wonderful anticipation of the things to come as a result of my hard work towards building a good business foundation: more opportunity to photograph beautiful brides on their wedding day, high school girls during their senior year in high school, and fun young families!

never ending to-do lists equals wonderful anticipation because i am doing what i love to do. this is my though anyway... if i'm totally idealistic just disregard!

and because every post is a bit better with a picture here is a picture not yet shared from ray and rosie's portrait session [one of my favourite sessions to date!]









No comments:

Post a Comment